5 Ways I Styled My Blanket Scarf

Let me ask you, what is your take on blanket scarves? I love blanket scarves so much and now that it is fall,  I can finally jump in on the awesome trend. I love them because 1.) they are cute, trend, and chic, and 2.) they keep me warm. It seems that I am always cold so having something a little extra is sure welcome to keep me warm.

The color of this scarf is super unique and really caught my eye so I knew it had to be mine. I love the orange, gray, and white plaid look that it creates. The first day I wore it people wouldn’t stop complementing me for it and asking where I got it. I love that I have styled this blanket scarf in 5 different ways and I hope you love how I styled it. If I were you I would keep reading to find out where I got this beautiful scarf.

Style 1: 5waysistyledmyblacketscarf

Since I was younger I remember always styling my scarves like this. I love the cornered look. What I do is completely open up the scarf, then I make sure to line up the corners in the middle so that the scarf will make a triangle shape, then I just style it and make it tight or loose depending on how I want to wear it. I do put a little knot in the back. 5waysistyledmyblanketscarf6

Style 2 5waysistyledmyblacketscarf2

This style is definitely the winter time look, but it still looks good for fall as well. For this style I like to grab the scarf in the middle and make sure both ends are even. Then I put it around my neck (both sides still together) and put the end of the scarf through the loop that I have created with my neck. I will either pull it tight or leave it loose. When the snow falls you will want to have it tighter to stay warmer. 5waysistyledmyblacketscarf0

Style 3 5waysistyledmyblanketscarf

Here’s the “just let it hang” look. I enjoy wearing this style with a more casual look like a cozy sweater and jeans. 5waysistyledmyblanketscarf7

Style 4 5waysistyledmyblanketscarf0

A nice little tie to keep the scarf from becoming to long and adding some shape to your look. I know it is simple, but with a style like this, I feel you could wear a necklace underneath and it would look adorable. To have a necklace peaking through would be very chic. With this look as well you can wear it higher up on the neck, at the height I have the scarf, or even a little lower. Just play with it to see what you like most with what you are wearing. 5waysistyledmyblanketscarf3

Style 5

5waysistyledmyblanketscarf9 Just wrap it around you and keep yourself warm. That is what a blanket scarf is for. Not going to lie- I have covered myself up completely with one once. I am always cold and, honestly, being cold to me is one of the worst feelings in the world.

I know I have chatted a lot about the scarf, but I also want to chat about the rest of my outfit. I am loving this gray bodycon dress from Forever 21 that is under $13. It is cheap but chic and also comes in three different colors! I love how dark the gray is and how form fitting it is. I am to short for those babydoll dresses. They just eat me up, so I usually always go with something that will let me show off my curves.

nfobuttonsSTL copy Blanket Scarf- Gray/Orange

From ILYMIX and I am loving it. The color is perfect and the packaging it came in was so adorable. Such a wonderful company and shipping was so fast. This is one product I couldn’t wait for. They also offer sunglasses, bags, and so much more.

As always, thank you for reading. nfobuttonsGOLD

October 19, 2016
October 24, 2016

October 21, 2016

Loving your dress and amazing blanket scarf. Are blanket scarves just the best?! I think they work year round and can take your outfit to from drab to fab. I love all 5 ways you styled your scarf.
    I hope you have a great weekend.

xo, jackie

October 21, 2016

Thanks, Jackie. Sometimes you just have to play around and style them different. I think that is also what makes wearing them so fun.

Antonia Ortega

October 22, 2016

I really love the number one style! You look so pretty as always.
    Lots of love
    xx

October 23, 2016

Thank you, Antonia. I think all are so cute and fun. I’m happy the first style is your fav.

Kate from Conjuntados.com

October 23, 2016

Nice outfit, I love it!!

October 23, 2016

Thank you so much, Kate. Have a wonderful week ahead.

Rachel Holliday

October 24, 2016

I absolutely love blanket scarves too, but its waaay too hot for me to wear them here! Yours looks so lovely though- I really like the fifth way you styled it, it almost looks like part of the dress

Rachel xx

October 24, 2016

Sometimes you just have to change it up a little bit. Thanks for your support dear and I can only imagine how hot it is down under.

Richa Kamal

October 24, 2016

Love the way you have styled the scarf.
    I really need to get on the blanket scard bandwagon as they are so pretty and versatile.
    Love the colors of oyur scarf.
    Richa | Fancier’s World

October 24, 2016

YES you sure do, Richa. They are wonderful and really can help keep you warmer.

Jodi-Kay Edwards

October 24, 2016

I love this dress, such a great price! Gorgeous scarf and tips as well!

October 24, 2016

Thank you, Jodi-Kay. I hope you are doing well and thank you for your support.

Nisha Rawat

October 25, 2016

Love the colors in your scarf. It’s contrasting perfectly over that solid grey and you have style it so well.

Nisha | http://simplistique.com/

October 26, 2016

Thank you, Nisha. When I found this dress I knew it would be the perfect match.

Darci

November 24, 2016

Love how you styled this scarf! I love scarves and seem to be reaching for them more than usual. I normally wear style 1 or 2 but I’ve left it loose before and belted it too! I think a scarf/dress combo may be what I wear for thanksgiving!

November 25, 2016

I have been too! I actually wore a sweater dress for Thanksgiving but I think adding a scarf would have made it 20x better.

Jennifer Quattrucci

November 24, 2016

I really love this particular blanket scarf ! The colors are so gorgeous and I love all of your ideas for styling ! Thank you so much for the inspiration!

November 25, 2016

I know right, Jennifer. When I first saw this scarf I could even believe how awesome the colors were. These colors look so good together.

Keyma

November 24, 2016

I love stylingmy blanket scarves too. Your ways are cute. Such a steal on that dress

November 25, 2016

Thank you!! I love how big this one is, I feel it is even bigger then some of my other blanket scarves.

Gail

November 24, 2016

I love this blanket scarf and the color of it is gorgeous! They’re so perfect for fall and winter and that dress was such a steal! Love this look babe! Xoxo

November 27, 2016

The colors are amazing aren’t they! That is what made me really want this scarf.

Teresa

November 24, 2016

I love blanket scarves AND the bodycon dress. Adorable.

November 27, 2016

Thank you, Teresa. I hope you have a wonderful week.

November 25, 2016

Such an inspiration!! Love this scarf and so many great ideas on how to wear it differently!
    Thanks for sharing babe!

November 27, 2016

Thanks girl! Hopefully I inspired you to wear your scarf in a new way.

Chardline Chanel-Faiteau

November 25, 2016

Who knew there was so much versatility in a scarf? Gorgeous!!

November 27, 2016

There sure is! It’s crazy.

Morgan Ryan

November 25, 2016

Love that you try different styles! It’s so fun to get creative 🙂

November 25, 2016

You totally have to be creative about it too:)

Thorton Paul

November 25, 2016

you look great, love each style

November 25, 2016

Thank you! Sometimes you just have to change it up and do something different with your scarf.

Stella

November 27, 2016

I live for a good blanket scarf!! Love all of your stylings — great ideas! Have a great holiday season.
    xoxo Stella

November 27, 2016

Right, blanket scarfs are perfect. I hope you have a good holiday season as well.

Jen

November 30, 2016

You’re so creative! I love number 1 and that bodycon dress looks amazing!!

December 1, 2016

Thanks, Jen. This scarf is a beauty.

Olga

December 2, 2016

Perfect look book, dear!!!

December 2, 2016