Paradise Daydream

Photographer: Karen Stauffer Photography

paradisedaydream paradisedaydream1

Everyday I am living in a ‘Paradise Daydream’ that I can not escape from. Do you ever just get that feeling that you just want to get up, get on a plane, and fly to the beach and just stay there for a month? That’s all I have craved lately, adventure, and something new.  I want to relax on the beach and just stare out into the ocean and not only stare out into the ocean, but hear the waves crash up upon shore. I have always been in love with the sound of the waves. Sometimes when writing blog post I’ll go to google and type in ‘waves crashing’ and the inspiration really starts flowing. I also used to listen to it while doing homework.  I think I am actually a beach bum that hasn’t gotten her chance yet. Hopefully in time.

This outfit is just perfect for the beach too. Nice off the shoulder dress designed with such a breezy fabric, stripes that look good whether you’re at the beach or at home hanging out, and fringed sandals with a gold plate around the heel. For accessories I am rocking my white round sunnies and my jewelry set from Micha Store. This mint jewelry set can really tie an outfit together.

I also love rocking my purse from Tommy Hilfiger that I got back when I was interning for him in New York City.  The quality is fabulous, and that gold platted TH really brings in some cute detail. It’s crazy to think that at this time 2 years ago I was living in New York City, and let me tell you, living in New York City was such a beautiful experience. Living there showed me what I really wanted, and that was that I didn’t want to make New York City my permanent home. New York City is beautiful, adventurous, and so many other words, but I guess it’s wasn’t really for me. New York is that city where you just blend in with everyone around you. You don’t ever get the chance to stand out. It swallows you whole and really never spits you out. You get used to the long hours, you get used to city time, and you get used to doing the same thing day in and day out.

I want my days to be controlled by me. I love getting into my car and taking myself to work. I love relying on myself. Even though I’m living in a paradise daydream, I know I am closer than I have ever been before to making it my reality.

My path is leading me to it.

paradisedaydream2 paradisedaydream3 paradisedaydream4 paradisedaydream5 paradisedaydream6 paradisedaydream7

stl1

July 7, 2016
July 15, 2016

Nisha

July 13, 2016

Aww. Love this outfit so much. You look great!

Nisha | http://simplistique.com/

July 13, 2016

Thank you, Nisha. This dress is a goodie.

July 13, 2016

I think I’m living in a paradise day dream too! I have a feeling you’ll be getting there real soon! Loving your off the shoulder dress, it really is the perfect piece for a paradise vacation. And those lace up sandals are super cute too.

July 13, 2016

I sure hope so, Jackie. Thank you for always having so much faith. I really appreciate it.

Whitney

July 13, 2016

This really is the perfect outfit! We’re heading to NYC next month so I’d love to hear any recommendations you have. This is the first real chance I’ll have to explore it!

July 13, 2016

Really!! I would say do the statue of liberty, go to the 9/11 memorial, time square, central park, and coney island.

Chimee

July 13, 2016

Love this look! Black and white strips are my fav!

July 14, 2016

They are seriously so much fun!! I need to invest in more striped pieces.

Amber

July 14, 2016

Love this look and the sandals are sooooo cute!!!

July 14, 2016

Thank you! I love the sandals because they are so unique and different.

July 14, 2016

A perfect summer outfit…and the jewelry is divine! I’m a huge fan of aqua…and it really makes neutral colors pop!

July 14, 2016

You are so right, Colleen. I love to have a color pop every chance I get.

July 14, 2016

I know that feeling of wanting to just get up and go. NYC is definitely a place worth visiting, I’m actually going back in September, but as far as living there… whewwww… I don’t think I could do it. That’s awesome that you interned for Tommy Hilfiger, I hope it was great! Love your outfit as always 🙂

July 14, 2016

OH my gosh was it ever. I miss it there. Coolest place I have ever worked. I’d move back to work there. They would be my only reason though..probably. Visiting is great. I hope you have a wonderful time.

Mistle

July 14, 2016

I am dreaming of my beach vacation coming up soon! I am so ready! I love this whole outfit! It looks so comfy!

July 14, 2016

You are one lucky lady!! I am still waiting for my getaway.

EfabulousHB

July 14, 2016

The sandles and the shades are giving me so much life! I love this.

July 14, 2016

Fun and unique outfit combos is what I love. Hope you stop by more for wonderful outfit post.

July 14, 2016

I’ve been having this same thought. Especially as I watch celebrities’ that take off at the drop of a hat for month long jaunts around the world! I wish my life was that flexible!

July 14, 2016

Right!!! I want vacations like that too. haha

Elizabeth Brooks

July 14, 2016

I really love those shoes. Your accessories are smashin

July 15, 2016

Thanks, Elizabeth. So happy you think they are smashing. Day is made:)

July 15, 2016

I love this outfit and that venue is divine. Definitely a Paradise Daydream.

July 16, 2016

I think it is a beauty as well.

July 15, 2016

Feeling like that right now – just want to pack my bags and head somewhere magical!
    Love the outfit

July 16, 2016

Disney Land? That is magical I hear.

Ashley

July 16, 2016

Love it! Im still scared to try the off the shoulder trend because of my broad shoulders!

July 16, 2016

You have got to work it! I have super broad shoulders too and I still work it.