As you all know I have graduated college recently, and now I’ve decided to share what college I have graduated from. I graduated from Iowa State University that is located in Ames, Iowa. I’m sure some of you don’t have a clue where that is and some of you probably have never been to Iowa. But there is something amazing about living in Iowa and going to school in Iowa.
I didn’t start my adventure at Iowa State University until two years into college courses. I had previously went to a private University for the first two years and then finished at Iowa State University. I sometimes regret not starting out at Iowa State University, but everything happens for a reason and I did do a lot at my previous university as well. Here is list of something I did at my previous university: track & field, cross country, dance team, student government, choir, and many other extracurricular activities.
Attending Iowa State University I feel offered me so much more than my 1st University. I studied abroad in my major (lived in Italy), lived in New York City for my internship with Tommy Hilfiger, and graduated with a degree in Apparel Merchandising and Design (I’ve wanted this since I was a freshman in high school) 🙂
So I’ve decided to list out 20 reasons why you should ditch your college or just make Iowa State University your first choice:
- Iowa State has a very diverse campus.
- Don’t be weirded out when random people say hi to you.
- Hanging around on Central Campus is the best when you are not in class.
- We have an albino squirrel that is famous.
- There are 8 colleges on Iowa State Campus them being: Agriculture and Life Sciences, Business, Design, Engineering, Graduate, Human Sciences, Liberal Arts and Sciences, and Veterinary Medicine and within these colleges you can find anything you want to do to become successful.
- 5 words you will replay in your head, “Enjoy your Adventure at Iowa State”
- The campanile is where all the romance happens.
- There are many traditions at Iowa State some are: campanile, homecoming, and Lancelot and Elaine, and some more but I’ll let you figure that out for yourself.
- Big lecture halls are the best (for not paying attention). 🙂
- On Thursdays there is mug night. (barzz/21 and older)
- On Fridays there is FAC- which stands for Friday After Class (barzz again)
- Do you love movies? I love movies. They show new releases (and sometimes older movies) in a lecture hall on campus.
- If you get bored there are many clubs you can join. Check out the clubs fair at the beginning of each fall and spring semester.
- If you love fashion there is a fashion show at the end of the spring semester. Anyone from any major can take part in it, whether you’re a model or apart of one of the fashion show committees. ( Fashion Design was major.)
- Teachers want you to succeed even though sometimes it may feel they don’t care. They’re just trying to toughen you up for what is to come after college.
- During football season there is tailgating and crazy madness in Jack Trice Stadium.
- Basketball season will have you hashtagging #HiltonMagic
- We are ranked #17 for “Fittest College” according to Mensfitness.com ( I honestly think we are a little closer to the top than #17, but that could just be me.)
- Iowa State University website has everything you need to know to become a…
ISU Fight Song
O we will fight, fight, fight for Iowa State,
And may her colors ever fly.
Yes, we will fight with might for Iowa State,
With a will to do or die,
Rah! Rah! Rah!
Loyal sons forever true,
And we will fight the battle through.
And when we hit that line we’ll hit it hard ev’ry yard for I. S. U.
(ISU in the Winter- Central Campus is still Gorgeous)