Floral And Lace

There is no better combination than “Floral and Lace”. The two together really make a beautiful and elegant combination that is good for any occasion. This past weekend was a fabulous one to say the least. I finally got to see my mother after not seeing her since Christmas. That was way to long. I hope to not go that long ever again. There is something about Moms that make any situation 20x better. It is hard to be apart, and in those times, FaceTime sure does help.

I have no clue what people did without any form of technology. Any long distance relationship had to be so much harder than it is for any of us in this day of age. I’m just happy I could chat with her up until the day I saw her again, and this weekend was a perfect weekend. What brought my mom and I together this past holiday weekend was a fabulous wedding. One of my mom’s good friends got married, and it was such a great experience to witness. I also got to see my beautiful mother be a bridesmaid. Being a bridesmaid is always a fun time.

The wedding was beautiful, and you can really see how all of it can be very stressful. The weekend wasn’t over after the wedding though. They had a big cook out the day after to get everyone together once again, which I thought was such a great idea. It was a great way to thank everyone again for coming to their special day. It was also so great to see how many people supported them.

I did wear this super elegant, pink lace dress that I fell in love with as soon as I put it on. The style is so fun and I love how it fits. The lace detail is gorgeous and the color makes this dress look even more stunning. I needed the perfect dress to goes with these heels. I seriously had the worst time trying to find a dress to go with these adorable floral heels. They are so cute and you can pair so many color combinations with them.  At first I was on the hunt for a periwinkle colored dress. I did have luck finding periwinkle dresses, but none of them looked good on me. None of them were tight-fitting.

I’m short, so if I get something that isn’t tight-fitting, I’ll look a hot mess. In loose clothing, I just look like a baby wearing a cute little babydoll dress.I did find luck the day before I left though and got this cute dress. I only had 20 minutes before the mall closed, and I seriously accomplished it in 20 minutes. I’m happy it all worked out and it went with the heels so well.  I couldn’t have found a more adorable outfit in such a time crunch.

May 23, 2017
June 9, 2017

Elise

May 31, 2017

I adore this lace/floral look! You are so gorgeous! This lace dress is in blush (loving all the pink/blush you are wearing lately btw) is just stunning! I am glad you got to see your mom this past weekend!

xoxo! Elise

June 2, 2017

Thank you, Elise. I have been seeing all your pink to and I love it. Pink is totally my favorite color.

June 1, 2017

You look amazing! The floral and lace detail is so pretty. I’m so happy that you and your mom got a visit in. It’s hard to be separate from family. I watched your instastories and it looked like you guys had so much. Hope you’re having a great week so far.

June 2, 2017

We sure did. I loved being back home. Wish I could of stayed longer. I’m going to make sure my Mom and I don’t go that many months without seeing each other again.

J

June 18, 2017

U look amazing. Really pretty. So glad u got to see ur mum again too. x

The Hurried Hostess

June 26, 2017

Judging by the photos, you don’t look short at all! And I love those heels! Glad you had fun reuniting with your mom!

June 29, 2017

It was such a blast.

June 27, 2017

You don’t have to tell me twice about weddings being stressful… LOL. I’m glad to hear that you have a great relationship with your mom. I also don’t know how I could have managed (or still manage) a long-distance relationship without the use of the technology that we have today. Your dress and heels look lovely, and I totally agree that you can’t really go wrong with a floral and lace combination.

June 29, 2017

Happy to hear you can relate, Heather. Technology is a wonderful thing.

Lisa

June 27, 2017

That dress is gorgeous. For myself I’d like it a little longer but the lace work is definitely stunning.

June 29, 2017

A longer lace dress would be just as beautiful.

June 28, 2017

You always manage to pull this color off…I’m a little jealous. It tends to wash me out but you look beautiful in it as always!

June 29, 2017

Why thank you Colleen. I need to get away form pink I think. I’m addicted.

MIchelle Heath

June 28, 2017

I love the unique lace details to the dress and the shade of pink is really eye catching. I’m glad you got to see your Mom again! It’s been since September of last year since I’ve seen my family, I know what you mean. I can’t imagine going these long hauls without technology!

June 29, 2017

Well I hope you get to see your family soon, Michelle.

Ashley J. | @PostModernIndigenous

June 29, 2017

Obsessed with all things cold shoulder right now but I don’t know if I could have my shoulders out for a wedding (a traditional church one with family anyway… my grandmother is judgmental haha)

July 2, 2017

OH goodness. lol Tell her to just loosen up little.

JTwisdom

June 29, 2017

You look beautiful. The blush rose color and the lace of the dress is so elegant. Those heels are fierce and you do not look short at all. That’s wonderful you and your mom were able to see each other and get together for such a lovely event.

July 2, 2017

It really was so nice. Thank you for your nice words.