Sweater and Wedges

Happy 1st day of Spring!

What makes you most happy about Spring being here?

We sure did start the Spring time off right in the Midwest. Today was such a beautiful day. I am loving all this beautiful weather we have been having, and it just keeps getting better and better. This past weekend was amazing on so many levels. I can’t wait to share my weekend with all of you about my spontaneous road trip to Boulder, Colorado. This trip included my boyfriend and one of my very best friends.

Doesn’t traveling just inspire you? If sure does inspire me especially when it comes to writing. Going somewhere new makes you feel brand new. This is why I’m addicted to traveling and exploring. It’s also just as good when you have a group of people to share the experience with. Just you guys wait….the photos are stunning.

But for now, I hope you find this look adorable. I received this shirt from my Mother for Christmas and had to wait for the perfect time to style it. The metallic detailing in the shirt is so much fun along with back of the shirt having a see through design . I think it goes so nicely with my sweater and light pink skinny jeans. I’m also obsessing over wedges, because (and don’t you agree?) wedges go so well with just about anything you want to style. The cognac color sure does help when wanting to style colorful looks together. I don’t think any other color would go as well with this combo as my cognac wedges. What is your favorite way to style the wedges in your closet? I’d love to know. After styling this look with the wedges, I am loving them with skinny jeans. You can either cuff the bottom of the hem or just let the hem bunch up at the bottom like I did for this look.

Maybe I only have that bunching up problem at the bottom of my jeans. I guess that’s what you get when you are short, and have to get the regular fit instead of short, because they don’t make it. It honestly doesn’t bother me though. I actually think it adds just a little touch, Id rather them be to long than to short. I know I have tall friends that can’t stand there jeans being to short, but that is something I  obviously can’t relate to.

As always, thank you for reading!

March 16, 2017
March 24, 2017

March 21, 2017

I never would have thought to put these two colors together, yet they actually look really good together. I’ll have to keep this in mind for the future! I’m trying to embrace more yellow in my wardrobe!

March 23, 2017

I didn’t think so either. So happy how it turned out they go so well together.

March 21, 2017

Your mom has great taste! I love the shirt she picked out for you and it’s perfect for spring. I hope your weather is better than ours, it’s -11 here today 🙁 I loved that you styled your wedges with skinny jeans and I think hem looks fine. I can’t wait for this snow to melt and then I can finally pull out my wedges 🙂

March 23, 2017

I hope that snow melts soon too…gosh! I have no clue how you do it. lol

Tia | Pennies In My Pocket

March 21, 2017

I love chunky sweaters and this color is one of my favorites. This outfit overall is one I would wear without a doubt because its super cute and super comfy.

March 23, 2017

Right, sometimes you just need a cute and comfy look to wear.

March 22, 2017

So glad spring is finally here! I saw my first cactus in bloom yesterday, and I was totally geeking out. It had beautiful purple flowers…..and just seeing the masses of different wildflowers just makes me smile. Your sweater looks so cozy! Just because temps are rising, doesn’t mean I’m going without a sweater or jacket. They usually crank up the AC at work, so a sweater is a MUST for me. I also have jeans issues… I have to have jeans that cater to taller people, otherwise, it rides up the crotch…so I get where you are coming from.

March 23, 2017

That is such a struggle I’m sure. OH yay for the first cactus bloom. I’d love to see a photo of that. I love cactus and plants that don’t need a lot of attention.

March 22, 2017

That shirt is gorgeous and has so many beautiful details to it. It was 94 here in Houston yesterday so I’m afraid our sweater season may be gone. I can’t wait to hear all about your Boulder trip! We’re off to Boston in July and I’ve already got the travel buzz.

March 23, 2017

Ohh now way! You will love Boston. I loved it when I was there. We also went to Nantucket which is a beauty in itself. Go there if you can.

March 22, 2017

I love spring and wedges!! I love how they make my legs feel really long.lol. The color of yours are perfect – so versatile!

March 23, 2017

Right!! I am so short so any height counts.

Mayra

March 22, 2017

Your mom has great taste! I love that blouse specially the way you dressed it up! I love the way you color block

March 23, 2017

I’ll have to tell her that!! She would love to hear some supporters of mine say it. Thanks

March 23, 2017

Even though they kill my allergies I love the fresh bloom of flowers, and sense of new birth!

March 23, 2017

That is so true. I love flowers, they make the world brighter.

Erin Creeks

March 23, 2017

I love this look, especially the oversized sweater. I practically live in these things, and the yellow says spring while the design says chill, which I am all about. LOL! You look fashionable but still very comfortable. Love it!

March 23, 2017

I love wearing clothes that I feel comfortable in. It’s great for your confidence.