Maroon And Navy

It amazes me how well ‘Maroon and Navy’ go together. They are so chic and fashionable on so many levels. I feel this look couldn’t have turned out any better for the weather we are having. It is just warm enough to start wearing dresses again, and I am getting so excited for that.

Somedays, the only thing that will make me feel better is the outfit I’m wearing. Yesterday was one of those days for me. I had a total of 1000 things on my mind that I, quite frankly, couldn’t sort through. Obviously, to have 1000 things on one’s mind is a lot. I’m going to ask you all a question I decided to ask my boyfriend yesterday. Have you ever had days where you are so distracted by what you’re not doing or accomplishing?

Yesterday I couldn’t even do life because of it. I couldn’t even comprehend what I wanted myself to do to get to where I wanted to be. I was looking up journalism master programs, PR Firms, and so much. I was thinking about the best way possible to keep growing my fashion blog, the things I should be doing, and the things I shouldn’t be doing that I about exploded. I got completely overwhelmed.

Of course we compare ourselves to others and have others to look up too. I don’t look at other fashion bloggers in a mean, jealous, or unhappy way. I am beyond happy for them and wish them nothing but more success. I still, however, question when I will find the key to my own success.

My definition of success will always keep growing. I have had a lot of success in the beginning and I will continue to have more success in the future. I just want my future success to keep growing bigger and bigger until I feel I have made it, but then again what does “made it” really mean?

I think about Aimee from Song of Style. She has had years of experience in this fashion blogging world, where as I’m still pretty new to it. How did she get so big? What can I do to get to where she is? Today, while going through my quarter life crisis, I grew to really understand her has a person and what she is doing as a blogger and influencer. I have also been following her for while, but I never took the time to check out her blog and content.

I feel this is one thing that I have been lacking in: checking out the blogs of the big bloggers that I really enjoy. To my fellow fashion bloggers– we need to all start doing this. Now every fashion blogger doesn’t want what I want, but we aren’t just doing this for fun. Trust me, at first it’s all fun and games, then turns into a passion, and then turns into the thing you want to do everyday, and you couldn’t imagine yourself without it.

That is what blogging turns you into. It is seriously the best feeling in the world to create content, inspire others, and do what you love. I’ve always been a ham in front of the camera, and I’ll never be tall enough to be “America’s Next Top Model” so I had to go out and find my own way to be a model. It’s great that I found my modeling niche through my fashion blog. That is one life dream that I have accomplished.

I’m sitting here with two more dreams I still have yet to accomplish, but they go hand in hand. I don’t really feel like telling you all yet and jinxing myself.

“Certain dreams are better left unsaid.”

[show_shopthepost_widget id=”2471447″]

February 24, 2017

Alba Garza

March 1, 2017

My favorite color is blue. I love that dress. The coat is beautiful too. I would have never paired them together. I need to be more fashion forward. I love the entire outfit combo of colors.
    I hope your dreams come true!

March 5, 2017

Happy I sent some inspiration your way.

March 1, 2017

I have those days all of the time. I’m constantly focused on what I need to be doing and never on what I actually am doing. It really tends to kill my free fun time!

March 5, 2017

Yea it sure can, Colleen. The flow all happens in time.

Tameka Wells

March 1, 2017

Love the two tones of purple to incorporated in to this outfit and that Jacket is perfection.

March 5, 2017

Thank you, Tameka. I love mixing things up like this.

The Hurried Hostess

March 2, 2017

Now I wanna know what those other dreams of yours are! But you’re completely right – it’s easy to get down on yourself as a blogger and not feel like you’re “as good” as someone else with a ton of followers. But I heard someone say recently that a million followers don’t mean anything if you’re talking to people who can’t hear you. New followers will come. But stay true to who you are and keep pressing on towards your goals!

March 5, 2017

This is so good to hear. I hope other bloggers read this exact comment you sent my way. We all need to hear it.

March 2, 2017

Oh, you look so chic in navy and maroon Kierra! I just love that coat, it’s such a great piece.
    I think we all have days like that where we feel so distracted by life that we can’t focus. And I totally get that quest for success but I think it’s also important to remember that success is also subjective. And that it will keep changing as we grow. I always love to check out other successful bloggers for motivation and inspiration too. One of my favorites is Wendy Nguyen from Wendy’s Lookbook.
    Hope you’re having a great week!
    xo, jackie

March 5, 2017

You are totally right, Jackie. I have started following Wendy. She has some awesome photos. Thanks for the suggestion.

Mayra

March 2, 2017

I think you have a very beautiful blog and I wish you success in anything you set your mind to. Sometimes we get frustrated because we don’t see ourselves growing as fast as we want to, but I can assure you that your blog will continue to grow. I believe in you <3

March 5, 2017

Thank you, Mayra. I know it all takes time and patience. That can be hard to have sometimes.

March 3, 2017

This is one beautiful post girl. Thanks for sharing. I feel the same way, everyday thinking of how I can be better and how to achieve my goals. I look at other fashion bloggers the same way, like I love what some of them are doing, but wonder, how can I work with that brand too you know?
    I try not to get distracted by the things I’m not doing, but it’s hard, so you’re not alone in this!
    PS: You look absolutely stunning!

March 5, 2017

We all struggle with it sometimes. It can be a lot. We just have to keep pushing and moving ourselves forward, but make sure we don’t burn ourselves out.

Diana

March 3, 2017

What a great post and personal. I believe all bloggers want this success but I don’t think we can be next Kristina Bazan or Amy Song, just because we are not pioneers at blogging. Only people who started first, grew up and still keeping blowing internet. Love your outfit!

March 5, 2017

Yeah, I think there is some truth to that. They did start at the beginning.

Jennifer Lee Quattrucci

March 3, 2017

I was completely impressed and amazed by this gorgeous look when I saw your Instagram post this morning and I actually love it even more now! The colors really do look perfect and as always, your hair is phenomenal!

March 5, 2017

Thank you so much, Jennifer. You are so sweet.

Aldora

March 3, 2017

Hey hun, you look fab in this maroon + navy combo. And yeah, I do feel you especially when my current job requires me to answer email enquiries, fight fire & answer phone calls all together. It gets real overwhelming and draining at times to the extend that I might space out and be counter-productive at times. The struggle is real to juggle a full-time job and yet sustain my blogging passion.
    That said, I’m intrigued by Aimee Song too – have always been following her YT uploads (she’s renovating her new house right now) and secretly hope that I can be inspired by her to do better for my blog.
    You are doing great on your blogs and looks – I wish that your dreams will come true for you too <3

March 5, 2017

I saw that YT video too. She does awesome work. I would love to start a channel someday soon. She is a great person to follow and look up to.

March 5, 2017

Every day I wake up and go to work as an Engineer I have these thoughts. Especially as I’m getting older…like what else could I be doing with my life that I’m really passionate about. I don’t want to wake up later and regret not doing what I really wanted. Now back to your outfit, I love this combo. I will definitely have to look into pairing this color combination.

March 5, 2017

Shasie, girl I don’t think you have anything to worry about. You’re always planning events and at events, capturing events and memories for yourself. It is so cool and inspiring. I think you are doing what you should be doing. Don’t you worry girl

Open Kloset

March 6, 2017

Hey Díva,
    Maroon & Navy is so Good Combination, I use a Lot too this:) The Navy with my Red Hair Looks so Good:)
    I adore that Chic Dress, You Look Amazing and Woow that Necklace just Push up To Heaven your Outfit:)
    Sooo Good:)
    Happy Monday
    Kisses

Thank you so much dear.

Lily

March 7, 2017

Girlfriend, you look amazing – I just adore this look!!! That necklace, by the way, is the perfect statement piece! I would totally rock it all the time 🙂

March 8, 2017

I do wear it a lot. I love it so much.

Elif Kadioglu

March 7, 2017

Amazing color combo babe! You shouldn’t worry about anything. Sometimes it’s all too much. We wanna do 100 things at the same time, but I t’s impossible. We have to focus on things that are really important. Things that make us happy!! You are gorgeous. I love you hair and smile 😘❤️ xoxo Elif

March 8, 2017

Thank yo, Elif! You are so right. We all need to think more like this.

Elise

March 7, 2017

You are definitely not alone in that feeling. I feel it too often. That I should be doing more, and not doing enough…or even know what to do to make my blog/social media better. I try to not compare, but like you said we all do it. I just try to be kind to myself, and set goals, and do my best to accomplish what makes me happy and let the rest of it go. BTW, love this outfit. The backdrop is just the perfect finishing touch! Keep doing you babe because you are awesome and inspiring!

–Elise

March 8, 2017

Elise, You’re just too sweet. Thank you so much. I appreciate all your nice words.You are great.

Michelle

March 7, 2017

All you can do is you. You’ll drive yourself nuts comparing yourself to others. Just tell your story and engage your audience and your people will find you. I’m learning that blogging is a labor of love – if you don’t love it it’s just not worth it. It’s a lot of thankless hard work…
    BTW – love this bold color combo too!

March 8, 2017

OH my gosh! You are so amazing for saying that. So true. I love that you say it is a labor of love. For me it is such a love. Thank you, Michelle.

Thomas Falkenstedt

March 8, 2017

That’s the same here. I don’t feel envy or jealousy when I see other bloggers who are bigger than me, but the thing is, what is success? I mean, in six months I’m ranking number 24 out of 110 000+ blogs in Sweden, have hit 50k on Instagram recently and still I just want more. I think we need to take some time, sit down and actually reflect on our successes and NOT compare ourselves to others (however hard that is).
    As for the outfit, perfect color combo! 🙂
    xoxo
    Thomas

March 8, 2017

You are so right, Thomas. We just have to always reflect on what we have already done.

Eliza

March 8, 2017

Girl, this maroon coat is everything. And I totally agree – Navy and Maroon it’s just the perfect match! I love how you style this look, and omg these heels are absolutely gorgeous!
    Cheers, Eliza | http://www.fashion-confession.com

March 8, 2017

Thank you, Eliza. You are too sweet. Have a good evening.

EVA

March 8, 2017

Nice lace up heels and coat Kierra!
    Happy smiling and HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMAN’S DAY!
    xx
    EVA

March 8, 2017

thanks girly! Happy International Woman’s Day to you as well.

Sheree

March 8, 2017

I hear you girl, I follow so many “bloggers” on Instagram but don’t really take the time to visit their blog and hearing their voices. Aimee Song is super sweet, I met her during the Tommy show in LA and she was so nice to take a photo with me even though she has somewhere she need to rush to. Love your mix of colors in this outfit.

~ xo Sheree
    Posh Classy Mom
    Instagram

March 11, 2017

It’s so important to take the time. That is such a good thing to hear. So happy she is real.

Katya Bychkova

March 9, 2017

I do feel overwhelmed with all the things I need to accomplish too! Being a blogger and a student at the same time is of easy and time management is often an issue for me too! However I’m the one who is emposing all of those deadlines on myself so I learn that sometimes I just need to take it easy!

March 11, 2017

You are so right, Katya. It’s always good that we hold ourselves to high standards.

EVA

March 9, 2017

I understand what you mean, even I have many questions , the passing time, but the experience gives me the answers. It’s strange but it’s true. It’s healthy to want more, it’s a good energy, we are humans.
    But I’m thinking the hard work will pay off and I’ll never give up.
    Great color-combo and beautiful heels
    xx
    Eva

March 11, 2017

So good to be so positive, Eva. You are so right.

Kate Tik

March 11, 2017

I love this color scheme!! It is so nice. I would have never thought to pain these two together. Loving the heels as well!

March 12, 2017

Thank you, Kate. I love how well it goes.