Pop It And Top It

What is your favorite snack? I am obsessed with popcorn and it is my favorite snack. You can make popcorn in so many ways and have it in so many flavors. I enjoy that it is a healthy snack. When I make popcorn, I use my air popper. With an air popper, there is no oil or butter used to make the popcorn. You just ‘Pop It And Top It” which makes me love popcorn even more. It is cooked by the heat of the air popper, which I find so fascinating. I’m not much of a microwave popcorn girl no matter how easy it can be. I usually just go to the store and get my white popcorn kernels and pop it myself. I don’t like all the oil and butter they put in the packets. I’d rather put own butter or salt on my popcorn, and this way I can control how much or how little. I usually get white corn kernels, because that’s what my uncle always uses. He makes the best over the stove popcorn I’ve ever had. Everytime I come home he makes a big bowl for me and, no, I’m not good at sharing. It’s way to good to share.

My air popper makes the popcorn taste as close to his as I can get it. This is one reason among many why I invested in an air popper. My uncle does it the old fashion way over the stove with an old popcorn pot. The handle is falling off. I made the popcorn by myself one time and almost set the dish towel on fire… I guess that’s not a secret anymore.

I bet you didn’t know that January 19th is National Popcorn day?

I just learned that myself, and it is now considered my 7th favorite day of the year. I’ll be sure to eat popcorn on that day, and I hope you think to chow down on some as well.

Corny Facts:

• Popcorn is non-GMO
  • Popcorn is also high in fiber, very low in fat, and contains no salt or sugar.
  • Popcorn is gluten-free
  • Popcorn is a whole grain snack food

(I could seriously go on and on about corny popcorn facts, but I had to stop at some point. If you would be interested in learning more Popcorn.org knows best.)

So I usually just do my normal popcorn recipe, which consist of melted butter (small amount) and salt. Today I decided to “Pop It And Top It” with a funky new recipe. Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Popcorn- something new but still healthy to consume.

The recipe is so easy! Follow these easy steps:

Ingredients: Popcorn, Dark Chocolate (Pick your favorite kind), and Sea Salt (fine sea salt). This is my popcorn air maker, and I love it. It is a great and healthy way to make popcorn. Had to get that popcorn action shot. Set that popcorn aside and get that chocolate melted.I only made a scoop of popcorn and used half of the dark chocolate bar. If you are a chocolate lover, you could use the whole thing. I used half of the ZÖET dark chocolate bars (6 squares), and put it in the micorwave.  Melt chocolate up to 1:00 to 1 1/2 minute and stir every 20-30 seconds. After that chocolate is melted that’s when the fun really starts to happen. Drizzle the dark chocolate across the popcorn while the chocolate is still hot. After drizzling that chocolate across the popcorn, add that fine grad of sea salt over the top. Season to perfection and eat all you want.

I love Popcorn!!!

Even my socks show how much I love popcorn. When I saw these socks, I knew I had to have them. My mother gladly bought them for me when I was in college- no regrets, no shame. I’ll always be a popcorn lover no matter how many times I need to floss my teeth.

Check out Pinterest for more yummy popcorn recipes.

Warning: Don’t go to page hungry.

January 10, 2017
January 18, 2017

Mayra

January 16, 2017

I did not know january 19th was popcorn day and that chocolate covered popcorn made me hungry! btw love the cute popcorn socks 🙂

January 17, 2017

The popcorn socks are so much fun. I love popcorn.

January 17, 2017

I never January 19th was national popcorn day. Popcorn is my weakness! I eat it at least once a week, air popped and then I add my own seasoning. When I have a sweet craving I’ll make white chocolate and oreo popcorn but I’ll have to try your dark chocolate and sea salt recipe. Sweet and salty:)

January 17, 2017

You sure will!!! Your recipe sounds awesome though. I want to try that.

Dom

January 18, 2017

Omg now I want popcorn… it’s 12:22 am right now, lol. I never knew they had a day to celebrate popcorn! I will now put that on my calendar, lol. Thank you for all the fun facts girl! Love your socks and I enjoyed reading this fun post.
    Much Love,
    Dom

January 19, 2017

You Dom! I sure hope you made some popcorn for you.

January 18, 2017

Yum! Growing up we had an air popper as well! We used it all the time! I need to get one! Great recipe, I love anything that has chocolate in it!

January 19, 2017

You should definitely try it out then. You would like this recipe.

January 18, 2017

Yummmmm! Yes please!!
    I’ve never tried popcorn with chocolate! Need to try it ASAP! Like tonight hahaha
    Thanks for sharing!

January 19, 2017

And I sure hope you tried it out right away.

January 19, 2017

Of course! I totally hope you tried it out.

Chardline Chanel-Faiteau

January 18, 2017

That’s right! You better be a proud aficionado! I love popcorn to I get the obsession! But’s it’s so good!

January 19, 2017

So happy you understand it. The obsession is real.

Coco

January 18, 2017

My absolute favourite snack is popcorn!!! I like it with a sprinkle of salt and olive oil! Baci, Valeria – Coco et La vie en rose FASHION & BEAUTY

January 19, 2017

Ohh olive oil would be different. I love that idea.

Jennifer Lee Quattrucci

January 18, 2017

This is absolutely so fabulous! My husband and kids love popcorn and we are just like you- no microwave, only air popped – and we have a very similar pop corn maker to yours.
    We use flavored sprinkles to get different tastes but your recipe here with the chocolate bar looks perfect! I’m sure we will try it very soon. Thank you so much!

January 19, 2017

Aww that is so cute. I sure hope that you guys try it out.

Morgan Ryan

January 19, 2017

OMG! This looks so good ! It’s national popcorn day so I may have to make this as tonight Sb snack 🙈

January 19, 2017

Sounds good, Morgan. Let me know how it turns out.

Keyma

January 19, 2017

Oh looks so yum. My favorite snack is anything cheesy. Hehe. I do enjoy a good baych of popcorn. You’ve encouraged me to make some popcorn 🍿 at home this weekend

January 19, 2017

Well why not. It is a health move on anyones part.

Jen

January 19, 2017

I’m seriously addicted to popcorn. Hands down my most favorite snack food ever. My stomach just grumbled after reading this. Thanks for sharing!! I’ve always wanted one of those machines!!

January 19, 2017

You need to get one if popcorn is your favorite snack.

Stavana

January 19, 2017

I’m not a huge chocolate lover but I may need to try this. I’m eating popcorn as I type it’s legit my fav snack so yummy!!!!

January 19, 2017

You could always do milk chocolate.

Olga

January 20, 2017

Just read your post and the first thing on my mind was -I want a caramel popcorn and some good movie in the cinema😂
    So inspiring and making me hungry! Kierra!)

January 23, 2017

That sounds so good indeed.

marcy

January 30, 2017

Okay this will be now my new netflix recipe hahahaha.
    Never tried this and absolutely looks amazing.
    Thanks for sharing babe!!!

xoxo
    Marcy

January 30, 2017

That is such a great idea…… Netflix snack.

Gail

February 1, 2017

You are too cute. I didn’t realize there was a popcorn day until I saw your post on Instagram. I never drizzled chocolate on popcorn before – looks delish! Xoxo

February 1, 2017

Happy you decided to check it out. Let me know if you make this recipe. It was a goodie!!