Velvet and Fishnets

velvetandfishnets

Hello all!! My life has been crazy lately and I have missed posting. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Mine was full of work, holiday party, and relaxation. We officially had our first snow fall on Sunday, but the snow melted right away. I know we will have snow in no time and I’ll be ready. Don’t you guys worry, I’ll be bundled up like Ralphie’s little brother Randy from The Christmas Story. 🙂 I do not mess around with snow or the cold. velvetandfishnets7 velvetandfishnets4

Even when there is snow on the ground you will find me wearing velvet in the warmest of ways. I’m always on the hunt for the cutest velvet attire, and I think this maroon dress is a winner. I love that it just hugs the body and looks so cute with a black turtleneck. That is also another trend I am loving. Long sleeve shirts underneath spaghetti strapped dresses. It will keep you warm and you will still look chic-ing trendy.  I know this trend my look weird to you, but I guess it’s one of those things you should try once just to step out of your comfort zone. This outfit is definitely out of the ordinary.  velvetandfishnets8   velvetandfishnets2 If this outfit couldn’t get anymore unique, I’ve also decided to pair some fun fishnets with it. I think velvet and fishnets go extremely well together. I know this new fishnets trend may be weird to many, but I am loving that fishnets are coming back. I never wore them when I was younger, because it wasn’t a trend or I was too young to join in on the trend. We all know fishnets have never really had a good name for themselves. They’re tied to some pretty crazy stereotypes, but I’ll rise above those stereotypes and just style them in a cute way. velvetandfishnets0 What do you think of this outfit? I’d love to know. How would you style this velvet spaghetti strap dress?

nfobuttonsSTL copy

Back Slit Velvet Tank Dress/My Dress

[show_shopthepost_widget id=”2217952″]

nfobuttonsGOLD

December 2, 2016

Darci

December 6, 2016

Love that dress! I would style with a leather jacket cause I’m obsessed with mine right now haha! And also I’m right there with you on the Christmas story movie, love it!

December 6, 2016

Oh that would totally work girl!! I could see you working it! I love that movie.. I wonder if it is on netflix.

Uzo O

December 6, 2016

It doesn’t look wierd at all ,I do like the velvet and black fish net combo so i’m definitely going to step not my comfy zone and given it a try.

December 6, 2016

I can’t wait to see it, Uzo. Let me know when you have made a combination like this one.

Olga

December 6, 2016

This is so trendy! Love how you combined it with a turtle neck! Also this color suits you a lot! So striking!
    I also bought a velvet jumpsuit:) for the Night!

December 6, 2016

A velvet jumpsuit….from where?? I need it.

Morgan Ryan

December 6, 2016

Really loving that you coveredywo prominent trends and make them look so chic! Well done 🙂

Xx,
    M

December 6, 2016

Thank you so much, Morgan. You are the sweetest. I just had to try something new.

Chardline Chanel-Faiteau

December 6, 2016

Yes girl! I love the velvet and fishnet mash up!! It’s so cute!

December 6, 2016

Totally happy you love it, Chardline. It a fun little combo.

Jen

December 6, 2016

That velvet dress is gorgeous on you! It hugs your curves in all the right ways. Need to get me one!!

December 6, 2016

You sure do. Thanks! Have a wonderful week Jen.

December 6, 2016

I seriously was thinking of visiting your blog today. Great minds think alike. But thank you so much girl:)

December 6, 2016

Love this color on you! And…Wow…do you have the shape to pull it off!

December 6, 2016

Thank Colleen. Have a wonderful Wednesday coming up.

Jennifer Quattrucci

December 7, 2016

You look absolutely amazing in this gorgeous dress !! I love the fishnet stockings and shoes !!

December 7, 2016

Thank you, Jennifer. Have a wonderful day.

Tia | Pennies In My Pocket

December 7, 2016

First snow! We are still in the 80s during the day in Florida.

This is such a fun outfit. I love the color of the dress.

December 7, 2016

No way, Tia. I need to be where you are! That sounds so nice.

Jodi-Kay S Edwards

December 7, 2016

This outfit gives me life! I loooove this dress!

December 7, 2016

Thanks Jodi-Kay. The dress is just perfect.

Amber

December 7, 2016

Love how bright and festive this dress is!

Amber

Right!! The color is just so vibrant <3

December 7, 2016

I love this look. So festive for the holidays.

December 7, 2016

Thank you, Chimee. I am on the look out for holiday apparel, but you are totally right, this would work for the holidays.

Jeff Segura

December 7, 2016

This velvet dress is perfect for the holidays!! I like how you gave it your own flair!

December 8, 2016

Thank you, Jeff. It is a good holiday look too.

December 7, 2016

I love the mix of velvet and fishnets! First of all, that dress looks beautiful on you and the colour just pops! And the fishnets and lace-up flats just take it to the next level! Fishnets are totally making a comeback as they should because they are so fun to wear! Fab look babe!

xo, jackie

December 8, 2016

They are so fun! Yes you are totally right about the color of this dress. It just pops with the light background behind it.

December 7, 2016

Love, love the combo – it has such a beautifully decadent feel about it!

Aww thank you so much Jo-Anne. Fishnets for the comeback <3

Cielo

December 7, 2016

That dress is so pretty! Love the look you put together! =)

– Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

December 8, 2016

As soon as I got this dress I just knew the fishnets would be the perfect combo.

December 8, 2016

It’s a great outfit. Those fishnets go great with that velvet dress. Well, it would have to be what season I’d be styling the dress for. If hot, I would wear it with nothing else, and just a cute shoe. If colder, I’d definitely layer up with either a cute top underneath, or a sweater, and a cute shoe too.

December 8, 2016

I love all your idea’s, Heather. I think a big knit sweater would be just as cute.

Kandja Sylla

December 8, 2016

That maroon velvet dress sure is a winner! It really know how to hug your curves. Looking chic and fabulous Kierra! xx

December 8, 2016

A Winner indeed. Thank you, Kandja. Have a great rest of your week.

Chrystal

December 8, 2016

Yessss to this velvet dress!

December 8, 2016

It is one of my new favorites, even though it is simple. It is still so cute.

December 8, 2016

Love this dress and how you styled it babe!
    Color is amazing!

December 8, 2016

Thanks, dear. Have a great day now and can’t wait to see more of your fashion.

Gail

December 8, 2016

You are so holiday ready in this dress! It’s such a pretty color and I love how you styled it. Looking fabulous babe! Xoxo

December 8, 2016

Happy to hear you say that. I don’t feel holiday ready. I’m looking all over for inspiration. haha

Keyma

December 8, 2016

Love how you mixed Velvet and fishnets. The color of your dress is so festive

December 8, 2016

It is very festive. I didn’t really think that festive till everyone started saying it was festive. It would even be good for a New Years party dress.

Sushmitha

December 8, 2016

Such a cute look, Kierra! Obsessed with velvet and this dress is adorable on you!
    xx Su

December 8, 2016

Thank you so much! Have a great night

Stella

December 13, 2016

Layering my sleeveless dresses has been my go-to styling move this season. That cranberry velvet color is to die for!! So pretty on you!
    xo Stella

December 13, 2016

Why thank you so much, Stella.