Smiles and Snowflakes

This blog post is filled with ‘Smiles and Snowflakes’, I hope you are ready. smilesandsnowflakes11 smilesandsnowflakes14

I was smiling because life is a journey that we all get to experience.I just can’t believe we are already to December 12th.  Time seriously passes us by so quickly. I am not even joking when I say that I have a midlife crisis ever month, and I’m not even old enough to have a midlife crisis. I honestly think I am way to hard on myself, but I wouldn’t want it any other way. I know a lot of people who are hard on themselves and sometimes you have to be hard on yourself. smilesandsnowflakes9

I get it- you want more for yourself and I am feeling the same way. I want this, I want that, so-and-so has that, and I’m no where close to having that. I think the biggest battle is that we all need to know we are not meant to write the same story as that person who influences us, who we look up to, who somewhat shapes us into a person we want to be. To idolize someone isn’t the answer. Pave your own way and make a name for yourself. smilesandsnowflakes8 smilesandsnowflakes00 10x out of 10 it takes time and a whole lot of effort. That fight though is half the battle. That fight with yourself can be the hardest. It is a lot of trial and error, yes’s and no’s, being fulfilled and feeling unfulfilled, and really the list can go on.

To me these snowflakes falling around me are the wonders of life. Not being the same shape, some snowflakes falling farther than others, some falling faster than others, with no obligation to want to be the same. Now I know a snowflake doesn’t have a train of thought, but the whole point of this message is: if we didn’t have a thought or care in the world, like a snowflake, we would all fall differently…. like we are supposed to. Humans and snowflakes are a lot alike and many people don’t take the time to create the comparison like I did, because they aren’t in a mid-life crisis like myself. smilesandsnowflakes4 smilesandsnowflakes5 We are born a snowflake, and as life goes on we get swept into the blizzard, Quite frankly I’m over the blizzard. You may be wondering what the blizzard is? The blizzard is the mixture of individual snowflakes (us) that starts to accumulate with other individuals, which turns into a blizzard. The blizzard is the mix of every individual snowflake (you), making you that one unique snowflake that has been altered by the blizzard. The blizzard happens when people develop and mold us day-to-day as people influence, judge, and underestimate our strength. I’m here to say that I am ready to go back to my original snowflake, and dig my way out of the blizzard. I’ve got to get myself out there and do something worth doing. Only I can influence, judge, and underestimate my strength. Other people’s opinions don’t matter.

So be more like a snowflake that is an individual, different, and fall right were you need to be and not where people want you to be. I hope next time you see those individual snowflakes falling you think to smile, and remember to be the snowflake and not the blizzard. smilesandsnowflakes7 smilesandsnowflakes2

nfobuttonsSTL copy

Jacket from F&F- Hy-Vee (Check back a few post for a giveaway)

nfobuttonsGOLD

December 8, 2016

Coco

December 12, 2016

You write so beautifully Kierra! I wish I were more like a snowflake falling its own way, but I’m hard on myself and have been so since I were a teenager. Let’s give ourselves a break! I love your bomber jacket! Baci, Valeria – Coco et La vie en rose FASHION & BEAUTY

December 13, 2016

Thanks so much, Coco. I’m happy you really appreciated the post. I feel it all takes time. We are always so hard on ourselves.

December 12, 2016

The columns in these pics really bring out the jacket! Love it!

December 13, 2016

Don’t they? I loved this location.

Frederick Goodall

December 12, 2016

Cool outfit. Simple and chic. Thanks for encourging me to be a snowflake.

December 13, 2016

Yes, of course. I hope we can all learn to be more like a snowflake.

Tia | Pennies In My Pocket

December 13, 2016

We are all snowflakes, you are right. Thanks for the reminder. It’s easy to get consumed in the blizzard. I am taking the time in my life to focus and recalibrate myself so that I can focus on charting my own path to success.

December 13, 2016

Tia, that is so true. I’m happy that you enjoyed this post dear.

Stella

December 13, 2016

Love your snowflake analogy! Absolutely something to work on in the New Year.
    xo Stella

December 13, 2016

That is so true. It would be such a good New Year’s resolution.

December 13, 2016

Love your wise words about life. It puts it into a different perspective. I personally am striving to be an individual “snowflake.” I hate following trends… I know I’m not the like the average person, and I’m totally ok with that.

December 13, 2016

Yes. It is so important to be an individual. I am taking my own advice too heart as well.

Monika

December 13, 2016

What a beautiful post Kierra! And the analogy was amazing.. Like wow it made me think.. Be like snowflakes. Yes, I completely agree. The world tries it’s hardest to mold us into something else and it can so so difficult to fight back.. But if we can, oh what a gorgeous life we can have 🙂 I love that jacket babe.. Have a wonderful day gorgeous!

Monika | http://www.palateforstyle.com

December 13, 2016

Monika. So happy you stopped by for this post. I knew you would love it. Your post are always such an inspiration and I love them. I’m happy you loved this one. Have a wonderful week dear.

December 13, 2016

I love your bomber jacket. You look super cute!

December 13, 2016

It is such a unique one. I love the designs on it.

Zunera Serena

Nice outfit!

December 13, 2016

Why thank you so much, Zunera.

December 13, 2016

Love this look and these words babe!
    So true! I strive to do the exact same thing. Been fighting too hard against myself for a while!
    Thanks for writing and sharing this!

December 13, 2016

Girl, you got this. Just let life take you and move your forward.

Jennifer Quattrucci

December 13, 2016

Honestly, I can relate to every word of this !!! I love how you described the snowflakes and the accumulation of them all… I feel that midlife crisis feeling A LOT !!! I love this jacket on you and I love how your photos show your personality! You are always so genuine and inspiring!

December 13, 2016

Thank you, Jennifer. I always like to be honest and truthful with each and everyone of you.

December 14, 2016

You look beautiful Kierra! And I love your bomber jacket. Love this post girl. It’s a great reminder to not get caught up in life and trying to fit in with everyone else. I know I have moments where I feel like I’m caught up in my own personal blizzard, so I can totally related to that mid life crisis feeling. Your snowflake analogy is great and I will have to remember this anytime I start to feel overwhelmed. Great post!

xo, jackie

December 15, 2016

Please do, Jackie. I think we all need a little reminder like this.

December 14, 2016

This was beautiful and honest. It was such a lovely and heartfelt read. I feel like I’ve been having the “quarter-life crisis” since 25. Do what inspires, intrigues, and pushes you. Even if it’s not like the rest.

December 15, 2016

Yes, Michelle. Thank you for that. I never thought to call it a quarter-life crisis.

Morgan Ryan

December 14, 2016

Love the snowflake allegory 🙂

M

December 15, 2016

Thanks:)

December 14, 2016

such a beautiful location, such a beautiful outfit (and girl),such a beautiful message!

December 15, 2016

Thanks so much. That sure does mean a lot.

Sushmitha

December 14, 2016

Such a great post, Kierra! I agree with you, it’s a battle but it’s worth it to be a snowflake. 🙂 Love that jacket on you!
    xx Su

December 15, 2016

It sure is, Sushmitha. Hope this inspired you.

December 15, 2016

Yes girl! I go through a crisis about once a day! hahahahaha

December 15, 2016

haha so happy we are not alone in this. Seems like it happens to a lot of people.

Keyma

December 15, 2016

Such a cute bomber. I love the florals. Been looking for one forever. Love yours.

December 16, 2016

Thank you, Keyma. They are so trendy.

Darci

December 16, 2016

Love that bomber jacket! What a fab post babe! Gosh I hate this battle, thanks so much for putting that in my head about the snowflake!

December 16, 2016

You are so totally welcome. Have a great weekend.

Dom Baza

December 17, 2016

OMG. I just read the whole thing and fell in love with every word you said. You wrote this so beautifully dear. Now I want to look at all snowflakes the way you just wrote about them. Also before I go, I love that bomber jacket! Anyways, thank you for a beautiful post dear. Take care.
    -Dom

December 18, 2016

Thank you so much! We all should look at snowflakes in this way.